Modal analysis for determining the natural frequencies of components.
Lambda offers modal analysis services for determining the natural frequencies of components. Component distortion, or part-to-part variations in geometry, can result in differences in the natural frequency. An unexpected shift in the natural frequency of a critical component may increase the operational stresses depending upon the loading spectrum.
- Accurate assessment of modal frequencies with frequency response functions (FRF).
- Data reduced from time domain to the frequency domain using Fast Fourier Transforms (FFT).
- Modal results can be used to verify finite element modal analysis.
- In-house procedure for statistical analysis and presentation of frequency shift between individual samples or groups of samples.
- Capable of measuring natural frequencies up to 10 kHz.